September 7, 2011

but tell me now..

where was my fault,
in loving you with my whole heart?
today i made a visit to my sweet grandma donna's house.
it's not the same without her there.
the house has been bought..
i hope the people who will be living there 
find the house a place of
 lovesafety, and laughter.
so many memories have been made there.
it will be hard to say goodbye.
some of the things i'll miss..
 the cookie drawer.
 the clock that hardly ever read the right time.
 seeing how much my grandma loved her family.

 making an entrance to the basement
by swinging around that pole.
(trying to get as close to the ceiling as we could of course)
((a sparkly ceiling at that! i'll miss that too))
 the rocking chair.
& that pillow.
"grandma hold me a little longer, rock me a little more.
tell me another story, you've only told me 4!
let me sleep on your shoulder. i love your happy smile.
i'll always love you grandma.. so stay a little while!"
 the swing that my grandma loved.
 the scary (or so we thought) lion face.
 this lamp.
(hopefully i get to keep it!)
there's a lot i'll miss about this house.
the door was always unlocked,
and anyone was welcome anytime of day.
listening to my grandma's stories of when she was younger
over a tuna sandwich..
playing "colored eggs" in the back yard..
countless barbeques..
playing haunted house in the basement..
endless games of HORSE..
this place will always hold a special place in my heart.
white blank page : mumford & sons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenz--I'll miss it too. It brought tears to my eyes. Maybe the new owners will let us crash in the backyard on Sundays.

Love Dad